1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this normal with my battery ??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sandman, Apr 28, 2008.

1. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey just wanted to ask you guys a question.. I commute 87 miles each way and today my battery stayed almost full charge( 1 bar from top) going to work and coming home..It has never done this it usally stays blue every so often on long down hills or braking hard it would go up to almost full charge..Just wondring if I should be worried? Also all the way to work the auto button on my power windows blinked off and on is this normal? MPG remained about the same right at 54mpg ...:) I have had my prius about a month around 3000 miles..Thanks

2. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I doubt you have anything to worry about. The computer in the car takes care of the SOC.

When the AC compressor isn't running, I also find that I get into the green a lot. Car still runs, so I don't worry.

3. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I prob. should not worry, but when for the first month the battery stayed mostly in the blue then suddenly it goes to green and stays there all the way to and from work It makes me worry. Not only did it go to green but it kept charging most of the time. I did get it to blue in town by using battery only but on interstate it was green all the way..

4. drees

drees Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Don't worry about it... sounds normal to me.

Frankly, I don't pay much attention to the battery charge level.