1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this normal

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by momfortheenvironment, Jul 22, 2006.

1. momfortheenvironment

Usually in the am, I pull out of my driveway and have to stop at the end of my street. It seems to shake and it seems like its running the engine and then switches to just the battery but even my 5 year old has asked me why the car shakes. It has happened other times during the day when the car has sat, has anyone else felt something like this, is this normal?

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Completely normal, since the engine hasn't warmed up completely yet. The fuel system "sips" gas, so when you're idling like that the car will try to use up what it's already sipped (emissions system thing).

3. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    This happens to me the first time I have to stop half a block after starting with a cold engine and a hot car. Then it goes away.

4. momfortheenvironment

whew good to hear, thanks guys!

5. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    :lol: :lol: Happens to me too, but not nearly as bad as you guy (and ladies) had prepared me for, so the little "shudder" i can pretty much ignore, no biggie.

p.s. Hi ya PiratePrius !! I'm ECU class of '81 !!!! (back when they had a good football team :rolleyes: )

6. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    p.s. Hi ya PiratePrius !! I'm ECU class of '81 !!!! (back when they had a good football team :rolleyes: )
    [/quote]

Hey Rangerdavid
    We've become big Pirate fans since moving to Greenville in the late 80s and hoping for better things from the football team this year. Hope you get to come to some games. Your Prius would love the road trip. :)