1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by blacktouring, Jul 25, 2009.

1. blacktouring

blacktouring Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just took delivery of a used 2007 Touring. I noticed on that on either side of the dash, adjacent to the A pillars, there's a small triangular shaped plastic sheet coming from beneath the dash. I would assume this is NOT how the car came from the factory - or is it?

Attached Files:

2. Aegison

Aegison Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This is purely a guess as far as the Prius is concerned, but manufacturers cover some of the interior when the car leaves the factory. In Ford's, I've seen not only seats, but various other areas of the interior surfaces covered this way. And, on those, sometimes the plastic was anchored by its being pushed into a seam from one panel to another. More than once I went through a car getting rid of the residual plastic left when the dealer's prep person simply pulled at it until it broke off wherever it did.

>I just took delivery of a used 2007 Touring. I noticed
    >on that on either side of the dash, adjacent to the A
    >pillars, there's a small triangular shaped plastic sheet
    >coming from beneath the dash. I would assume this is
    >NOT how the car came from the factory - or is it?

3. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You can remove the plastic. I had to remove one from my car. I did not notice it for months.

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That is how the car came from the factory. I've left the two plastic triangles on my 2004 but if they bug you, then you can remove them.

5. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i had a lot more plastic in my car. the only good thing from those particular pieces you shows is that it may keep that dash piece from rattling. those areas lift up rather easy, and did rattle for a few months in my 04. eventually all rattles did kinda go away.

6. blacktouring

blacktouring Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks everyone for your prompt replies. Just got back from my mechanic and as I suspected, this car was in a front end collision. My mechanic did say that it was very well repaired - paint job could be a lot better though. My mechanic says I really shouldn't get my panties in a bunch since I picked up this car for $15K, interior is really clean and has only 17K + miles. Getting over 50MPG certainly helps take the edge off!

7. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's a great price for a 3-year-old car with 17K miles...if it has a clear title.