1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this still a good deal

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by oneflow, Aug 2, 2006.

1. oneflow

oneflow New Member

I have been looking for a prius in the denver area and want to get it before the tax credit goes down. I found one in colorado springs that will be in on the 15th. package 4 it's at msrp but they won't take off the bs paint protection package that is 998. If i don't take this i am thinking i won't get one before the tax credit changes. I have heard of this dealership doing stuff like this on the prius before.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ugh, that sucks... Is it tight at all the dealers in the range you're willing to drive? If so, then I think you're stuck biting the bullet and shelling out the cash and then just not letting them shove anything else down your throat...they won't be getting any more of your business anyway since you live in Denver.

3. oneflow

oneflow New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 2 2006, 05:26 PM) [snapback]296617[/snapback]</div>
    ya thats kinda what i was thinking but part of me wanted to walk in there with my check right now and be like i'll pay for the car right now if you don't do the protect bullshit and if not i am walking. Also i'll make sure they no dealer markings on the car. Damn i hate those things. Why would i want free advertise for someone.

4. oneflow

oneflow New Member

Well i called a few dealers in KS and one had on comming in that was the same so i called and said take off the paint protection or i walk and they did so if anyone else has to deal with Toyota Of Colorado Springs
    just play a little hard ball and they will take of that addon

5. 4chi

4chi New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ricky Zinter @ Aug 3 2006, 02:10 PM) [snapback]297086[/snapback]</div>
    Did you totally strike out with the Denver dealers (see my post about the Email technique)? Were you told no chance of getting one by Sept 30?

6. oneflow

oneflow New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4chi @ Aug 3 2006, 03:53 PM) [snapback]297312[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't totally strike out 2 of them told me with what i wanted if i got on the list i had a good chance to get one before that date but niether would commit to that. When i was able to reserve one for the 15th i jumped at that i can take a long lunch and drive down to pick it up. I figured i should take what i could get right then in there.

7. oneflow

oneflow New Member

Picked up the car this week everything went well and i got it at msrp. I was really happy about that and i am loving the car.

8. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Congrats. And thanks for posting this so others can see how it's done.