1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

IS THIS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ValleyBoy, May 14, 2007.

1. ValleyBoy

ValleyBoy Junior Member

For those of you who don't remeber I bought the auto door locking unit from Coastal tech a few weeks ago. It came in quickly, but it didn't work. After a long and arduous process of no support and e-mail returns I finally talked to somone who helped. To their credit, Coastal tech sent me a new unit without question, and as far as I can tell, without charge. We put it in today and at first we thought it didn't work. I am under the impression that they are supposed to lock the doors when you reach 15 mph. Ours didn't. But later, we realized that when we get in the car and close all the doors before powering on, the unit auto locks the doors. Is this supposed to happen? As a side note, if we power on and have any of the doors open, then the unit will not lock, which is a good thing because you won't lock yourself out. Anyway, is this normal, or am I still in Coastal tech hell?

2. ValleyBoy

ValleyBoy Junior Member

Come on, gimme a break. Anyone? :huh:

3. chinalfr2

chinalfr2 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ValleyBoy @ May 15 2007, 10:22 AM) [snapback]442389[/snapback]</div>
    If your installation was verified and correctly installed, you might have a defective module. Contact the manufacturer for replacement. :rolleyes:

4. ValleyBoy

ValleyBoy Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chinalfr2 @ May 15 2007, 10:05 AM) [snapback]442413[/snapback]</div>

This is the second module they have sent me. Both have been verified as to be correctly installed.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    This happened to me, but that was because I had cut the speed sensor wire for the BT and installed a switch. If the switch was off during power up, the doors locked immediately.

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ May 15 2007, 11:35 AM) [snapback]442436[/snapback]</div>
    The speed sensor is modular . . . why not just unplug it? (figure of speech?) And your purpose in cutting it? Bluetooth? traction? just curious. (not to steal the thread)