1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is this true?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    http://www.rogerlsimon.com/mt-archives/200...t_he_said_2.php

The Left and Liberalism are two different things.

The Left is, after all has been said and done, anti-American, because it is anti-Capitalist.

Liberalsim is the the advocacy of as much political, economic, and social freedom as society can handle.

Capitalism is the greatest scourge of humanity for The Left.

For some reason, which I'm not enough of a historian to understand, The Left and liberals formed an alliance for a time.

I think some liberals, like Bawber, are realizing it's time for a separation.

The Left likes Christian-bashing because of the perception that in so doing you are ridiculing/punsihing/embarassing America, particularly the (ahem) paler (ahem) portions of America, not because they necessarily have a problem with primitive, repressive and misogynistic belief systems, but because those white American christians (and Jews - don't forget the Jews!) are running the whole evil world economy.

Since Islamism is the biggest contemporary threat to Capitalism it becomes for The Left, a powerful ally, the ideological disagreements which which can be dealt with after the victory over Capitalism.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea, that's dead on. :rolleyes:

3. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 27 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]277540[/snapback]</div>
    You enjoy seeing people angy, don't you?
    Sorry, but today I'm tired of responding to these baits.

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is such a load of crap it belongs in the 'flush it down' thread.

5. sdsteve

sdsteve New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Jun 27 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]277553[/snapback]</div>
    Look, Wildkow is an idiot who's sole purpose in life is to try to justify his warped perception of the world. Let's just all ignore him and hope he goes away. If he wants to mix his warped views of religion and society anymore, I suggest we buy him a one way ticket to countries that support that sort of thing (like Iran, Iraq, Korea, etc). Perhaps a ticket for him and Roger Simon too.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Let's just say that anyone stupid enough to believe that there's even a grain of truth to that is far far too stupid to understand any explaination of how far wrong it is.

In fact, it's so absurd it rings more like a satire written by a liberal just to show conservatives how ridiculous their contentions about liberals actually are.

7. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The Left is the only political force able to stand up against the alliance of Safeway, WalMart and Exxon which has been blessed by Pat Robertson; the stated goal of which is to consolidate all retail in the US to a single entity. One advantage of this is that it would amazingly reduce your junk mail because there would be only one retail outlet for everything. Pat Robertson is holding out that religious services not be included just yet, but eventually, you'll be able to get your kids baptized, or whatever, at the same place you buy your groceries, your cars, your clothes, or arrange for dental work or a prostitute. Handy, eh? We're not that far off.

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  9. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I took a liberty and clarified and enlarged Wildkow's post, invoking the editor's privilege of grouping congruent ideas together, reordering their sequence so that one idea leads naturally to the next, and generally tidying up the syntax and spelling. While I paraphrased a great deal, the original concepts remain intact, and this time their assertions are accompanied by supporting information absent in the original:

Liberalism and the Left, while allied, are not the same thing. Some liberals now advocate severing even the alliance.

Liberalism advocates wide social, political and economic freedom (often confused with capitalism, which is economic freedom, but only for a select privileged few, not wide economic freedom enjoyed by everybody).

The Left regards capitalism as humanity’s greatest scourge. This makes the Left anti-American, because laboratory studies have proved it’s impossible for a person to be able to disagree with a particular economic theory yet like most other things about a country at the same time.

The Left bashes Christians mercilessly, not because they disagree with a primitive, repressive and misogynistic belief system that I just bashed myself, but to ridicule, punish and embarrass the WASP and Jewish part of America that runs the capitalist world economy. Confessions obtained from confirmed members of the Left incarcerated at Guantanamo prove repeatedly that they bashed Christians strictly to make the banking and insurance industry look bad.

The greatest threat capitalism faces is Islamism, which the Left now conspires with as a powerful ally, their mutual ideological differences set aside until after they succeed in destroying capitalism. So many great and powerful nations have already fallen victim to Islamist economic theory it’s only a matter of time before capitalism is wiped off the face of the earth. In most of the world’s great capitals now worthless Dollars and Euros are sold by the roll for use in the loo, or for lining the bottoms of birdcages.

10. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 27 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback]277675[/snapback]</div>
    :rolleyes:

Yeah, ok, like you aren't guiltly of stirring up the Christian crowd... :lol:

11. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Jun 27 2006, 07:30 PM) [snapback]277678[/snapback]</div>
    Why would you do that- then it wouldn't be a Wildkow post anymore! :lol:

12. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I always find it amusing, in an ironic sort of way, when people attempt to define what other people believe. Most people are capable of telling you what they believe, so I find it easier to just ask them. If I'm unsure about something, I'll ask clarifying questions, and they will answer them. This is an old technique, hardly used anymore, that was once the norm. There was even a word for it, that is still in the dictionaries: "dialog".

As a conservative Christian with libertarian leanings and a "4 point" Calvinist theology, I get this all the time. I'm told I'm hostile to gays (I'm not). I'm told I want a theocracy (I don't). I'm told I'm "simplistic, ignorant and easily led" (I'm not).

My liberal family members and friends can't believe the cartoonish stereotypes they hear about liberalism on Talk Radio or from some commentators on cable news shows. And since everyone is talking (well, yelling) at the same time on those shows, it doesn't qualify as "dialog", so nothing is learned.

We've become addicted to aggravation. SOMEONE has to get mad. If there isn't an insult somewhere, we feel cheated. Its as if we've been "infected with invective." If a political discussion doesn't raise our blood pressure, if the veins on our forehead don't stand out, and if at least one person isn't compared to Adolf Hitler, we nod off.

I'm sure the liberals have caused this. Or maybe the Arminians. Can't possibly be us ... we haven't looked in a mirror in a long, long time, and our fingers only point out to other people.

13. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 27 2006, 07:31 PM) [snapback]277802[/snapback]</div>
    Sure, make fun of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. But sooner or later he'll touch you with His Noodly Appendage, and then you're gonna need a napkin!

14. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 28 2006, 09:07 AM) [snapback]277986[/snapback]</div>
    And a shot of insulin.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 27 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]277540[/snapback]</div>
    I think that's a pretty good description of libertarianism, not liberalism.