1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is USA Federal tax credit available on 08 Prius?

Discussion in 'Prius Tax Credit Discussion' started by Gogreen, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Gogreen

Gogreen New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi All,

I am considering to buy Prius and 2008 models are coming in mid Sept. So I am wondering if USA Federal tax credit will be applicable on 2008 Prius or is it better to buy the 07 model.

Thanks

2. Blue Hoosier

Blue Hoosier New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    GoGreen Prius:

I have a form from the Internal Revenue Service and it states that if you buy a Prius before September 30, 2007, you can have a $750.00 tax credit. It does not say what year the vehicle should be; therefore, I assume it could be a 2007 or 2008 (if you get it on time).

Good luck.

Blue Hoosier

3. mommydewdrops

mommydewdrops New Member

Hmm, when I talked to some dealers (this was re the Highlander Hybrid though), they said it was only for 2007 model year.... I checked the Toyota website link and it did say 2007 model year and did not say 2008 model year
    Not sure why the feds would care which model it was, but sometimes these technicalities due not follow logic.

Maybe best to call Toyota headquarters and then IRS to confirm what the answer is?

(Its not that much so unless one was going to make the plunge right now because one had to, probably not really a factor, I guess).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Hoosier @ Aug 26 2007, 03:48 PM) [snapback]502489[/snapback]</div>

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The 2008 Prius is basically the same car as the 2007 so the IRS should add it to its list of qualifying hybrids. The credit is in effect for cars put into service before October 1. Don't expect the list to be updated any time soon. The forms won't be available until next year. Search for the tax threads for in depth discussion.

I would buy a 2007 or a 2008 now depending on which fit my criteria best.