1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is/was the solor roof package the only choice to get a moonroof?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Optimus, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Optimus

Optimus Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Is/was the solar package on the Gen III's the only choice if you wanted a moonroof? I ask because I'm in the market to upgrade our Prius again (had both previous generations), and I found a 3rd Gen that is definitely not a solar roof but still has a very factory-ish looking sliding moonroof. The car is not local, so I am judging it based on pics only, but my guess is it might be a Webasto or similar.

I don't have any issues owning an aftermarket or dealer-installed moonroof, but I am just trying to understand it ahead of time. If it's aftermarket, I can probably use it in my favor as a bargaining tool in my favor. If anything though, I'd prefer a "regular" moonroof instead of the solar roof simply because I don't live in a climate that would make use of the solar part of it. I just like the fresh air and sunlight (I guess I shouldn't be living in Minnesota then!). Heck, an old school popup sunroof would be just fine.

2. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yes, the only way to get the factory sunroof was to get the solar roof package. It sounds like you have a Webasto or other after-market product.