1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is your car dead?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SecretSquirrel, Oct 17, 2004.

1. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel New Member

My husband went out last night to pick up some beer. He decided to take the Prius because he hasn't gotten a chance to drive it yet. As he was pulling into the package store in stealth mode, two people were standing nearby. When he got out, they asked him "is your car dead?". Now, my husband is not a man of many words, so he just told them that the car was running on electric power when he pulled in. As he was leaving, he noticed that a crowd of people had stopped to watch him pull away in stealth mode. I love it!

Also- on a side note, I traveled behind an SUV with a bumper sticker that said "Shut Up Hippy" for a good amount of time yesterday (not that I am a hippy per se, but the purchase of a hybrid car would certainly count in their book). They probably didn't know what a hybrid car was, but I would have loved to have some sort of sign on my windshield regarding hybrids/the environment for their benefit. I laughed the whole way because we were stopped in traffic, so I managed about 70 MPG for that period. What do you think the SUV got?

2. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Last week I almost hit someone standing behind my Prius. I was backing up in stealth and the person could not hear the car coming. I saw the person in time to brake, as someone was pulling him out of the way.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I wish the backup beeper was on the outside of the car. (Toyota are you listening?? I am reasonably certain that it would just involve a reprogram of the computer to make the outside beeper go on rather than inside... OK experts Leap in here) I would not have disabled it had it been on the outside. I really don't know what they were thinking about putting it on the inside. I guess you have to be Japanese to understand it.

4. kjb516

kjb516 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jamarimutt\";p=\"45642)</div>
    I had a very similar experience while backing out of a parking spot at work. Two co-workers, unaware that my car was running, wandered into my blind spot as I began backing out.

I been able to avoid a repeat of this incident by backing into all parking lot spots. While I still get unaware pedestrians standing in front of my car, at least I can see them before pulling out.