1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ISO the best 2014 Prius roof racks

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by BBsunshyn67, Jul 22, 2022.

1. BBsunshyn67

BBsunshyn67 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Im looking for some guidance in purchasing roof racks for my 2014 Prius. Can you make any suggestions?
    Does anyone have any for sale, used or new? Thanks!

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I'm looking same and I never have good luck doing this I've had Yakima and Thuke before. But the mounting feet and the way the thing stayed on the car and all that I wasn't really happy with. I would like something that's more like a bar or a raised piece of extruded aluminum with pads on the bottom that sits on the roof of the car some have these mesh metal winched attachments that will grab the car and do what needs to be done to hold them nice and tight they're flat on the car roof so air is not running under the rack making a racket and making the need for a fairing. Most of these things I'm describing will work with around 100 or so pounds which is okay for me. I've looked at some of these types like I'm describing on eBay and Amazon the relatively inexpensive come off quickly can drop in the trunk and take up almost no space. That would be a plus for me at this point because I don't use the rack that much but when I needed it would be very handy.

3. PriusHead05

PriusHead05 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've seen a 2nd Gen have the Thule Areo Bars. Looks pretty cool. Looked like it was ready for some off road camping. I'm sure they would look just as great on a 3rd Gen.