1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Issue with Apple Car Play and Android Auto

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CoolPriusXLE, Jun 29, 2023.

1. CoolPriusXLE

CoolPriusXLE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Having an issue with Apple's Car Play Maps and like to know if others have the same and what their solution was. The maps has been working well for me until last evening and this morning. The maps did not show the road and terrain as it normally does. Instead it showed the arrow which is my car traveling but there were instead a full screen of black and white square grid lines. This happened last evening and this morning. Car play only shows what is occurring on the iPhone and the same was on mine. A call to Apple Customer Service resulted in no solution but a 20 minute call.

I was thinking of maybe trying an Android Phone and using Android Auto so perhaps other's could comment on that aspect as well however I prefer to use Apple iPhone.

As stated this has been working very well until last evening.

Another thing noticed is Apple music only showing 60% of my song selection. They all play but I cannot chose the full selection so perhaps I am missing something here or this is a software glitch.

2. 2023p

2023p Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Android Auto here. LE 23, have had Google maps freezing lately upto a minute at a time, wasn't doing this a week ago (I think).

Also Spotify, for example, will have the volume stick to low out of no where with no way to fix without turning off and then on the head unit.

Not sure what's going on, presuming an update on the app lately for the first issue and a big that hasn't been fixed on the second, the second issue has been present since getting the car.

Have tried turning on or off "normalize" in Spotify app settings, thought that might fix it, but it has t.

CoolPriusXLE likes this.
  3. Numtini

Numtini Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Android Auto, other than the phone occasionally not automagically connecting, I've had no issues with Google Maps.

2023p likes this.