1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Issue with the A/C system

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by meinertj, Apr 15, 2015.

1. meinertj

meinertj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hey brilliant priuschat folks,

I have an issue with my 2010 Prius A/C system that seems like a bug in the electronics. When I turn on the A/C I can't get it to go off no matter what I do, until on the 100th try or so it goes off, and then there is no guarantee that it will go on without several 100 more pushes of the button. I bought it used and it did not do this for the first 6 months or so but then just started. Should I take it to a dealer? Could this possibly be fixed with an OBD and a smartphone? Has anyone heard of something like this before? Any help is appreciated!

2. Maarten28

Maarten28 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I would think A/C switch is faulty.

3. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Or it could be an old weak 12V battery. Anytime electronics start acting up, first step is to check the battery. Plenty of battery threads in the Gen II section. If it's more than 4 years old it might be time for a replacement. Could be something spilled down into the switch also.