1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Issues with AUX mp3 jack on Prius II

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Tall Rob, May 14, 2010.

1. Tall Rob

Tall Rob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I plugged my Blackberry Curve into the AUX jack inside the glove box, but when I hit the AUX button on the radio (this is base II radio, not JBL), there is no display of the mp3s, and none of the radio controls (ie: select arrows on the steering wheel) have any effect.

Also, the sound it very, very low. I have to crank the volume up to 45 in order to even hear the music.

Is this because I am using a Blackberry Curve as my MP3 player, or is the Base II radio just not set up for this?

Any suggestions?

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    An aux jack is a simple audio connection. It transmits audio from one device to another. Nothing more, nothing less. The only thing you can control from the car is volume, and no artist/tract/etc. info is transmitted.

If you had the USB port, you'd have more functionality, though I don't know if that's an option without the JBL system.

Regarding low volume, try raising the volume on your phone.