1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Issues with my prius

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by G0LDM@N, May 18, 2024.

1. G0LDM@N

G0LDM@N New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello i lurked here for a bit and I was wondering if someone could give me some information. So I had the check engine light come on a while ago. I took it to jiffy lube and they did an engine tuneup replaced the 02 sensor and added another part. A couple months earlier me and a friend ran the scanner and all the error codes were emissions related we never saw anything related to the catalytic converter and there was no mention of this by the mechanics. A day after they preformed the work the check engine light came back on and after taking it into them they said that I need a new catalytic converter. I left their shop and had my friend run the scanner and now we can see an error code for the catalytic convertor. Any idea why we couldn't see this until after they performed work on the car?

I'm getting the struts replaced this Saturday and now I have the red triangle with the exclamation point on the dash and a red car with an exclamation point in the middle on the battery display. I read on here that this has something to do with the hybrid batter the guy i bought it from claimed to have replaced it and it looks like it's still working properly.

2. kwyjibo

kwyjibo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Sorry to read about your conundrum. Unfortunately, I've got no theories for you, but if your Prius is from 2008 as your profile indicates, you may have higher yield posting in the Gen2 forums here.

Doug McC likes this.