1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It ain't bragging if you can back it up....

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by plugable, Apr 18, 2012.

1. plugable

plugable Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks to a pretty ideal commute situation (20 mile round trip, able to recharge at work), my PIP is at 155 MPG for the first 1100 miles. I've been thinking about getting a vanity license plate that displays something like "100+MPG". I was also thinking about combining it with a license plate frame that says "Prius Plug-in" on the top, and "Your mileage may vary..." on the bottom. My hope is that it may encourage others to look into buying a PIP, but I'm wondering how many people would think I'm just bragging. Even worse, I wonder if someone driving a giant suv or 4x4 truck would get upset enough to possibly vandalize it when parked somewhere. Am I just being paranoid? :confused:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not about the vandal worries. not around here anyway, i don't know about cali, you have more tree huggers. congrats!

3. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There are both extremes in California. It leads to fun times for city officials when the Tea Party contingent faces off against the Occupy Movement contingent. While one may get a thumbs-up from a fellow Prius or Volt driver, one is just as likely to get greeted with another finger by a Ford F-350 driver.

4. crewdog

crewdog Acting Ensign Prius Prime

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    One of the best lines of all time, imho, in TV Westerns:

Great mileage numbers!

5. HaveNoCents

HaveNoCents Conservative Tree Hugger

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I never believe in having anything on my car that has the potential to piss someone off. That includes high school, college, or any sports decals.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not the politically correct kind of guy, but when I'm not around to protect my car there is no use in getting someone upset. Hell my son just had a U. Of Texas emblem on his car, and when he went to the Texas-OU game his car got keyed with a nice OU on his door.

6. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I want a Plate that reads..."Bite Me OPEC" but its 3 letters too long, and Bite Me O, may get a nasty rise out of Oprah lovers! :eek:

7. SimiPrius

SimiPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    I filled up yesterday and immediately put the car in EV mode - drove home and to work this morning - all EV...Because the ICE never came on, I was at 329MPG.....and climbing....but as soon as the ICE kicks in, it will drop like a rock. I did average 79MPG overall on my last tank.

8. radiocycle

radiocycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hey, I like that license frame saying... mind if I steal it?

9. plugable

plugable Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Please do - and let me know if you know of a place that does a good job making custom frames.

10. plugable

plugable Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm thinking that's a pretty good policy to have....