1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It is almost here!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by atootie, Mar 6, 2004.

1. atootie

atootie New Member

I had just talked to the salesman and he had told me that my Prius should be here between March 14 to March 23, 2004. I'm looking forward to. All of you that have yours please keep posting. Real great stuff, I', learning alot! :cussing:

2. NorthStar

NorthStar Junior Member

Atootie, (or anyone who knows how this works)

I'm trying to gauge when my car might be coming. I've been told that it has been allocated but nothing more. Do you already have VIN # and know what color, etc.? Do you know that you car is "on the boat" at this stage of the process? :?

Thanks,

Mark

3. atootie

atootie New Member

I don't vin # but How I know is that the dealer post a Prius on the chat, (Driftwood Peral) with package BC(9) I wanted Tideland Peral but I'll settle for that. They told me 2 weeks that was 2 weeks ago Sunday March 7, 2004. But I went to the dealers on Sat. and they told me between the 14 to 23 of March> I hope that they are not playing me a fool! Good luck on yours. What are the details of the one you want? :p

4. NorthStar

NorthStar Junior Member

I'm hoping for a Seaside BC - but I'd be happy with any of the colors, really.

I was just looking at the Toyota shipping schedule and I think my car will be landing in Portland, OR. The schedule was already advanced to next month but working backwards I think the ship probably came into Portland in the last few days. But I don't know the process for how long it takes for dealers to find out their actual allocations. If mine didn't come this time - the next time the ship returns is April 1. I'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Here's the shipping schedule I was looking at:

Mark

5. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just heard from my salesperson at Fitzgerald Automall in Gaithersburg, MD and finally got word to expect delivery of my salsa red/AM package 7 during the week of March 29. The car has been on order since November 11, 2003. Crossing all of my fingers that this is for real and it's gonna really happen! Stay tuned...

7. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just checking in, and i'm not sure where to post this, so if it should be moved, please do...

i checked my dealer by phone earlier this week, and he said i'm #6 for a red BC[9] or maybe #4 if i go with the gold or silver. that sounded pretty good! but checking the ports of call for the shipping lines, Oakland is not in-plan for April! poo!

but one of the salespeople gave me this tidbit: today, 3/12, the two-monthaversary of my order, is the last day they're taking orders for '04s.

they start taking Prius orders as '05s today, with a six-month lead time for deliveries!

so, all in all, i may get mine, whichever color comes in first and is available, in a month or two, but woe be to the newbie ordering today or tomorrow!

(one sales rep also mentioned that Wozniak ordered several, and already got them, i think...) :guns:

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It was actually March 9th that you had to have your order in for an '04. But otherwise the info is accurate.

9. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Randalla,

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. I also have a Salsa Red on order with Fitzgerald Auto Mall, but I'm well behind you on the waiting list. Best of luck, and hopefully I'll "get the call" in the next month or two.

10. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    now, did i read it here or did one of the dealer's guys tell me this....
    the '06 Camry will be a hybrid!?

if so, and if we're happy campers with my '04 Prius (when it arrives....), my wife's '98 Camry might just get traded against an '06 Camry!

that'd be a hoot!

11. Montana HIBRID

Montana HIBRID New Member

Yes. There was a thread in one of the news services that Toyota was loking at a having a hybrid 2006 Camry.

12. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks, Vaporpearl. So far, I have found Fitzgerald to be pretty straightforward with me in giving information and progress reports during the waiting period. They even called me in mid-January and offered me a white package 7 that someone else apparently passed up on. Well, I passed up on it too, preferring to wait for the salsa red package 7. I also passed up on it prior to discovering priuschat.com. Had I known then what I know now....perhaps I would have gone for the white one in January.

13. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Well, I finally got "The Call" from my dealership that my long awaited Prius has arrived!! :angel: My salesman says that it is the exact one that I ordered way back in early November--Salsa Red with package #7 at MSRP. Pick-up time is 7pm Tuesday evening. A general question for the current owners out there: how much time and about how much detail did your dealer spend in going over the functionality of the car with you? Did they follow any kind of (Toyota sponsored?) checklist in going over the controls and other aspects of the car? Hurry up Tuesday night and get here already!! :D