1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It is officially spring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Prudence, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Prudence

Prudence New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Besides being spring on the calendar, the Prius let me know it's spring. As I was driving to work yesterday, one of the pipe insulations in my grill starting waving to me from over the top of the hood. I stopped and pulled it all the way out. Gosh these cars are smart. :)

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL! Cute story.
    We hit 80 yesterday...I'd removed one grill block insulation a few weeks ago (thought my wife might be driving the Prius long range in modest (60s) temps and didn't want to risk any overheating issues), but even with that out and temps in the 80s the ICE hit 193F and MG2 hit 125F. It's down to 38F outside this morning, but the writing is on the wall that spring is here/coming. May undo that lower grill block next week.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My only indication of spring has been seeing an icebreaker working the bay. We have had a few days of thawing weather, so that might count, although we had snow two days ago.

Tom

4. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    In Toronto we finally got the official confirmation of spring:
    [​IMG]

yes the beloved Maple Loafs (no miss spelling) are officially out of the playoffs!
    Gabe

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It used to be like that with the Cleveland Indians when I lived there. On opening day, radio pundits would announce that the Indians were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Tom