1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It is time for 30K service

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Toothpicker, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Toothpicker

Toothpicker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Did anyone already had 30K miles service? How much $ and time it was?

My Dealer quoting $325 and 2.5 hours for 30K service.
    I feel this is way overpriced and time is overestimated for changing cabin and engine air filters.
    I would estimate total maintenance time 30-45 minutes and probably about $50 for both air filters, so top price should be around $160 =$100(1 hours of labor)+$50 parts.
    Which means the dealer trying to charging me 2x for the maintenance
    I have to mention that the dealer owes me free oil change and tire rotation for the PC life.

I checked the manual and that's what's included into the maintenance:
    30,000 miles or 36 months
    Check installation of driver’s floor mat
    Inspect and adjust all fluid levels
    Replace cabin air filter
    Replace engine air filter
    Replace engine oil and oil filter 1
    Rotate tires
    Inspect the following:
    __ Automatic transmission fluid
    __ Ball joints and dust covers
    __ Brake lines and hoses
    __ Brake linings/drums and brake
    pads/discs 3
    __ Drive shaft boots
    __ Engine/Inverter coolant 4
    __ Exhaust pipes and mountings
    __ Front differential oil
    __ Fuel lines and connections, fuel tank
    band and fuel tank vapor vent system
    hoses
    __ Fuel tank cap gasket
    __ Radiator, condenser and/or intercooler
    __ Steering gear box
    __ Steering linkage and boots

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    On my v, 30,000 was $78

You could drive to MS and still be cheaper.

ztanos likes this.
  3. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The dealer charges around $70 for the in-cabin air filter. The oil change at the dealership can be ~$50 by itself. I've seen dealerships charge ~$35 for tire rotation. If they try and charge you more than $30 for your engine filter, you need to leave, but some places will. As far as the visual inspections, those should be free, but be prepared for them to tell you that they found something wrong.

$185 is still much much cheaper than $325, however. Not sure what the problem is. You should get it in writing what they want to do for the service and then call the service department at a separate time and get prices for each separately.

4. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I think my 30k mile service at my local Toyota is somewhere between $125-$150... at least according to their pamphlet... :p But I don't think they are inspecting that many things either.

Toothpicker likes this.
  5. Toothpicker

Toothpicker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It is such a disappointment to deal with one Toyta stealerships in CT after another.
    I bought 5 toyotas since 2005. 3 of them I were purchased brand new. All my new cars came from different dealerships. And I payed MSRP for two of them including PC, so I am not really hunting for a bargain.

I also don't mind to pay $100 per hour of labor , but I just cannot stand when this guys trying simply steal my money charging double on my first service , which I am paying out of my pocket.
    I called another Toy dealer in CT and they quoted me $209 for 30K service which includes oil change.

Now instead of doing 30K service at a dealership I will schedule just an oil change , which should be free.
    I will order both engine and cabin air filters and DIY to replace them. This should take me 10-15 minutes of my own time for both.

6. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    My dealership has a return customer policy. If I take it to them for all of the free 5k mile services, they will give me the 30k service for free. If I miss a service at their dealership, they give me 20% off every 5k service I do with them.

minkus and TheyCmeNow like this.