1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It just makes me proud to own a Toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by esoniat, Mar 1, 2011.

1. esoniat

esoniat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    For decades I have noted that Toyota is the choice of drug runners, insurgence and liberators. I don't have to agree with the morals or politics to know that these people are using Toyota because it is tough and reliable. This latest video from the BBC demonstrates this once again.

I might go for a plug in conversion first but here is an accessory that would really make my Prius stand out.

BBC News - Libyan jets meet resistance in Ajdabiya.

If you havent' seen it already you should watch the TopGear episode on Toyota Hilux, it was so gratifying to see what I have known for years finally recognized in the media.

[ame="http://video.yahoo.com/watch/100875/505090"]Top Gear - Toyota Hilux on Yahoo! Video[/ame]

2. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    LMAO. GREAT video.

3. jdimetal

jdimetal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Top Gear is such an awsome show! The episode where they take the Hilux to the North Pole is quite good as well.

4. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 Diehard Rams Fan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Maybe that's why I own 6 Toyotas. :whoo:

5. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    They didn't show the bit where they put it ontop of a tall apartment building and leveled it. :)

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  7. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Brilliant! Let's just randomly waste ammunition by shooting high caliber rounds into the air. Two draw backs to this plan: 1. What ever goes up must eventually come down, so who are those rounds eventually hitting? 2. Waste all your ammo now and what do you have when the troops actually arrive, which they will being as they are making their presence know... This is why some places will never develop beyond being 3rd world countries...

8. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Top Gear is absolutely one of my favorite shows. Even the new US version this year wasn't bad, but you'll never top the UK guys. If you get a chance look for the one where they fly into Miami and have to buy cars for under $1000 and drive them to New Orleans while completing some challenges along the way. Absolutely the funniest episode I have seen!! When they get to Alabama, look out. Hilarious!

9. HSD

HSD New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The war between Chad and Libya has benn mentioned as "Toyota war", but that was about 30 years ago. Both sides had been using Land Cruisers for military purposes. I bet, many of those LC's are still on duty nowadays.

As for Top Gear, they are highly prejudiced just like every other european journalist, but they try to look funny.

10. Friar Tuck

Friar Tuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  11. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I'll see your Hi-lux and raise you one Honda Cub:

It "survived" the fall from the apartment building. :cheer2: The tests begin about 2:00 min. in.

12. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would say Toyota's are well built. I would say Toyota still has the reputation of being one of the most reliable automakers in the world.

But the fact that Toyota Pick-Ups seem to be the choice of grass roots, make-shift militia through out the 3rd world? That might not be something I could exactly parlay into "Pride".

If I have to make a choice, I'll go with Harmony betwen Man, Nature and Machine...over You Can Bolt a Rocket Launcher in the Pick-Up bed....