1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It must be Christamas

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by FloridaShark, Dec 18, 2004.

1. FloridaShark

FloridaShark Member

Had to stop at the post office today to drop off the Christmas cards and a gift to send out. Walking back to the parking lot a gentleman was getting out of his Camry. He asked if this was my car and I said yes. Well about 45 minutes later I finally left the parking lot. He had lots of questions and had never been up close to one. I showed him all the cool things and answered as many questions I could. He said he had been looking to replace the Camry sometime next year. He had gone to a local Toyota dealer and said the the sales guy tried to sell him everything else but a Prius,because of the long wait. I told him about PriusChat and John's site for all the information about the Prius both the good and no so good that he could ever want. He said he was going to check us out.
    It must be Christmas.
    HARK the Prius Angels Sing :mrgreen:

2. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ah Shark... everyone in the north part of the country feels your pain... having to stand out in 80 degree weather, probably in shorts... giving a tour of a Prius... Happy Holidays

Bob Andersen.. 46 degrees in Denver

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobA\";p=\"58475)</div>
    Oh you poor boy . . . at least the sun shines where you are.

Here in the Sacramento Valley, we are now experiencing what I consider the worst time of the year weather wise . . . it has been and will be non-stop "pea soup" fog for weeks.
    I feel so S.A.D. :cry: Soon I may have to drive up into the Sierra just to stick my face out in the sunshine and clear this fog induced funk in my brain.
    Wanna trade? (But you can keep your blizzards)

NWS Sacramento Valley Forcast

4. disneydad

disneydad Junior Member

My heart goes out to the three of you. YA RIGHT Here in New England, I was showing off my prius in 20ºF with a 10mph wind. and they still loved the car.!!!

5. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Patrick, you just have to drive about 90 miles South to find real Pea Soup in Santa Nella on I-5... use my name... you might get a free bowl...

Dad... it's only going to get colder...

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok... i was showing my Prius to a co-worker the other day in a drizzling rain. (not real bad, takes a good 15 minutes to get damp...but still irritating) and for a town known for rain (Olympia, WA) the lack of covered parking here is very surprising.

unlike richer towns (i guess??) of Seattle and Bellevue which have multitudes of covered parking for all types of activities.

7. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Stopped there in mid October on our way to San Diego.
    Love the architecture of the building! Even the bathroom has high (very high) wood beam ceilings!

As for Split Pea soup . . . not really a fan of the genre . . . but if driving down there and doing a
    “Fear Factor†on a bowl will clear up the fog . . . I’m there! :wink: