1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It must be terribly frustrating

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Nov 3, 2021.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Title,
    “Tesla's handling of braking bug in public self-driving test raises alarms”

Ask Google for the source but what must frustrate these anti-Tesla clowns is their complete failure to have any effect on Tesla sales.

Tesla continues to sell every car they make in spiteful articles and other opponents. They don’t get it.

Without owning and driving a Tesla for a year, these traditionalist have no clue as to why not only Teslas and OTHER electric cars are so good. So they scrape the bottom of clueless speculations for their ‘pay the rent’ articles.

I have little sympathy for those who work so hard to write such nonsense.

Bob Wilson

3PriusMike likes this.
  2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I happened to be getting out of my car the other day when a couple parked next to me in a Red Model 3 Standard Range. The grin the driver had on her face was noticed and I commented on it. She said they just bought it used the previous day and it was her first drive in it and you could see she was exhilarated by the way she acted. When they came back to the car, they had several people who wanted to talk cars including one who was probably the last person I'd have said knew anything about EVs but it turned out he was quite knowledgeable.

Having said that, pushing an over the air update to a safety critical system that turns out to be a flawed fix even for several hours is going to attract some very negative attention from the authorities.

3. burrito

burrito Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Keep in mind that there are thousands of people around the world being paid to fabricate and spread misinformation, typically on social media platforms.

Mendel Leisk and bisco like this.
  4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Betting against Tesla?

Not so much, any more.

https://electrek.co/2021/10/04/people-are-not-betting-against-tesla-tsla-anymore-short-interest-all-time-low/

5. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I can come up with a bet long term against Tesla based on some possible happenings...

- The US Government funds chargers that are incompatible with current Tesla's needs.

- The industry moves towards a different and better charging standard.

- The existing auto makers have 25 EVs to pick from and Tesla is no longer the shiny new thing.

- Regulators restrict safety OTAs and force Tesla to refund all Full Self Driving purchases.

- Solid state comes out finally from another make and Tesla is stuck being slow charge, middling range.

Now they have first mover advantage. But they don't have a service center down the street and in every city and their repair challenges could start to result in tales told.