1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iTouch generation 1 stops playing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by heintzmeister, Apr 16, 2010.

1. heintzmeister

heintzmeister New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My itouch 32gb version one ipod stops playing after a couple of songs in succession. First the meta data dissappears then it stops playing. If you turn off the car and restart it will play again for couple songs then stop again. I have a 2010 Prius III with the Factory USB interface (mounted in the center console) with the NAV option. The dealer isn't aware of any bulletins to address this issue. The itouch works fine in my other car. I've tried two different Apple cables just to make sure the cable wasn't the issue. Any idea's?? :(

2. LakePrius

LakePrius Special member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sort of sounds like the USB is powering down (at least that's what the symptoms sound like). If you have a passenger keep an eye on the iTouch, can s/he tell if the thing thinks it isn't getting power, and thus shuts down? (I don't know what to do if that is the case - but at least you might have somewhere to start to look).

3. heintzmeister

heintzmeister New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I took it in to the dealer today and the tech thinks it MIGHT possibly be the head unit so they have ordered it. I'll see if this actually corrects the problem or not.

4. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I've had instances with my iPod video (gen 5?) whereby it will be playing, stop all of a sudden and then come back and say "USB not recognized" or something to that effect. It's been sporadic at best, so I've left it alone as I typically listen to XM. I'll be interested to hear your outcome.

5. visualfx

visualfx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am currently having the same issue with my 3rd gen Prius IV. Any response from the dealer? Did they come up with fix for you?

6. chuckc192000

chuckc192000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Technically, there's no such thing as an "iTouch". The official name is "iPod Touch".