1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It's a Prius Thing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by atclark15, Apr 9, 2007.

1. atclark15

atclark15 New Member

I am new to this web site so I will apologize if this topic has already been discussed. I have been driving my Prius for 2 years now and wave at every Prius driver I see, my friend drives a Jeep and makes fun of me because he says its a Jeep thing, well I think its time Prius drivers have their own thing. Maybe its kinda foolish but I just wish others would be as enthusiastic as I am about my Prius. So if you see a little Black prius in TN wave!!!

2. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Liger @ Apr 9 2007, 10:48 PM) [snapback]420555[/snapback]</div>
    Right on ! /wave

3. cubbyg

cubbyg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wave Too. Yur in the right crowd.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Liger @ Apr 9 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]420555[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to the site. It's also a Corvette thing or at least it was.

5. Reddog15

Reddog15 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Liger @ Apr 9 2007, 07:48 PM) [snapback]420555[/snapback]</div>

I'm actually beginning to think that Prius owners are stuck up. I wave at other Prius owners and they never wave back. I used to have a Subaru, and most of those owners would wave. What's the deal?

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ Apr 9 2007, 08:11 PM) [snapback]420566[/snapback]</div>
    It still is among the older drivers. Since C4s and C5s have gotten so cheap too many young punk kids are driving them and are not the "good" social type. lol I used to wave at all other Vette owners when i drove my C5, didn't matter what year theirs was.

I used to try and wave at other Prius drivers but after the 50th time of them not "seeing" my wave I gave up. Unless she is really hot. :p

7. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chris Robson @ Apr 9 2007, 08:18 PM) [snapback]420571[/snapback]</div>
    They're not begin stuck up. They're just so busy watching both the MFD and the road that they don't notice you waving.

Dave M.

8. Zendriver

Zendriver Junior Member

Actually, I think it's a "rare car" thing. I remember as a kid people in VW's (bugs, busses and campers in those days) would wave. So it's not something owned by any particular car.

My fear is that with Prius quickly becoming a popular car, the waving will end soon...imagine how often you'd be waving if Prii became as common as SUV's!

9. atclark15

atclark15 New Member

Well I have also gotten all my friends to say Whoop! Whoop! for every time they see a Prius but they said that got old. I cant say the same.

The waving cant stop. Two years one wave back and maybe I will wave at one of you wavers one day lol, so wave back!

10. Reddog15

Reddog15 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Liger @ Apr 9 2007, 09:43 PM) [snapback]420631[/snapback]</div>

Cool, I guess I will keep trying

11. Prius The First

Prius The First New Member

YES WAVE! Wave every time you see another Prius on the road. I do.

Corvettes use to wave all the time but I agree with F8L, in that the newer owners have forgotten the heritage of where the cars came from. It use to be a quick flash of the headlights, but when Corvette burried the headlights in the 1963 Vette, the wave replaced the flash due to the time it took the headlights to rotate up and on. Hence the wave was born.

Old Porsche guys still wave at each other. The newer "Gold Chain" crowds also have no connection to the past and do not wave.

"SAVE THE WAVE"

12. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think it depends upon how common the car is. Where I live it easily have 5+% of the market. I say at least 7 prius during my commute every day. It's not a unique car anymore. For once I don't mind being part of a large group, something I try to avoid otherwise.

13. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I wave, too. I've never received one back, but I keep doing it anyway.

14. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    One of these days, livelychick, we'll pass each other and both wave. ;)

15. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Apr 10 2007, 08:43 AM) [snapback]420733[/snapback]</div>
    I'll keep an eye out!

16. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ Apr 9 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]420566[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prius The First @ Apr 10 2007, 08:01 AM) [snapback]420723[/snapback]</div>
    My Prius & I got a wave & a thumbs up from a guy in a Corvette not too long ago. Other Priuses ignore me, though.

17. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Keep the wave alive I say,
    I did it when driving our motorcycles also, it just happens.

18. just_marci

just_marci New Member

I intend to wave if I ever pass another one. Don't see a ton of them around here yet.

19. msnancy61

msnancy61 New Member

Hey!! I think we should all wave! Rarely get a wave back in CT, but three of us were cruising down 95 for around 50 miles together (set on 64!)... watching out for eachother all the way.. waving goodbye as we exited to our destinations.. It was memorable!! Ahhh.. I love my car! :D

20. atclark15

atclark15 New Member

It's super exciting to know that I am not the only crazy waver! I felt so alone driving cross country seeing a Prius and not getting a wave, all the countless times of waving almost running of the road werent in vain! Thanks guys! Now i am even prouder to be a Prius owner if thats even possible.
    I think its important to jump start this movement again, the car may not be too rare but if you think about it we are still a small number compared to all the others and I believe we make a difference. I am proud to know that if nothing else my car gets people started on talking about issues that matter to me.(pollution, new energy sources, global warming)