1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It's about time new owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by iron-icman, Jun 15, 2017.

1. iron-icman

iron-icman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    IMG_6438.JPG IMG_6440.JPG well I have been stalking and soaking up information from this group for the past few years and now have jumped and finally bought a 2008 gen2 prius can't wait to pick it up.

It has a ev button on side of the steering wheel I didn't know these did Electric only mode thought it was the gen 3 it also has a button next to it which says p and has wheels chhangibg direction is this the self park function as it's a t spirit

Thank you and hints and tips let me know

2. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    and welcome to PC from Cornwall. Don't know much about the Gen 2 except that the P Button is to engage Park mode, which locks the transmission, so to speak.

3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations! I'm not real up on the differences between North American and European models. But I do know that the European Gen 2 has an EV mode of sorts. The NA version does, too, but no button. I installed one in mine, but it's really only useful for moving the car into or out of the garage without starting the engine. Like RCO, I assume the "P" button is "Park." While the manual spells out putting it in park before turning it off, you'll soon discover that turning off the car puts it in park automatically. So, if I'm going to be perusing the various display options before shutting it down, I'll hit the Park button. If I'm getting right out, I just shut it off.

RCO likes this.
  4. iron-icman

iron-icman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Ha ha yes I figured that out thank you for the welcome

RCO likes this.
  5. iron-icman

iron-icman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Thank you for the tips yes I have found that park button but basically it's next to the ev button did a bit of reaserch and found it's actually the self park mode which I didn't realise it had thank you again for all the welcomes

jerrymildred likes this.
  6. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hope you didn't think we were too iron-ic. ;)

#6 RCO, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  7. iron-icman

iron-icman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Ha ha nice one nice to see a bit of humour on here Thanks guys anything I need to look out for or get sorted on my car it is a 2008 and has 97,000 miles on it

RCO likes this.