1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Its been an interesting EV week for me..

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by donee, Oct 16, 2010.

1. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

Its been an interesting EV week for me. It started last Sunday, when I went to visit some friends in Naperville, and show them the new car, and get caught up. Welp, we are driving along and come to a stop light. And what is kitty corner from us? The Wrightspeed X1! Plain as day, it pretty easy to recognize with the long silver sweeping tubular space frame exposed. I was very supprised to see it, as we are 2000 miles from California and explained why to my friends.

Then the revelations about the GM Volt happened - its a 35 mpg Prius. Hmm.

And just today, I bumped into a guy at the car parts store - he asked if I knew about the X-prize. Well, an hour later we are still talking about the cars, the X-prize and other stuff out in the parking lot. It seems he had an anciliary capacity with the prize, and was there at Michigan International speed way. Apparently Al Unser Jr and one of the other teams with many Nascar people in it were doing bump drafting during some of the trials!

I also asked what happened to Apterra (my favorite), and he said they had a snafu with their regeneration. When the batteries were full, it caused to the car to shut down, as there was not any place to send the juice. Hmm, for the want of a resistor, the regen was lost, ..... They could not figure out the problem right away, and consequently did poorly in the driving trial.

He also said mileage wise, the Steam(Water?)-Injected Turbo Diesels did very well (200+ mpg).