1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It's here! I drive it home Monday

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DaveOrgans, Jul 15, 2006.

1. DaveOrgans

DaveOrgans New Member

Hi All,

First, let me thank all of you for putting up with me during the 2 1/2 month wait for my Prius. It's Barcelona Red, #8 with 7 year platinum extended warrantee, a clear bra (Autobahnd) and Toyota XM Radio installed. Now, at least, when I post, I won't feel like a pretender.

First order on the books after I pick it up is to have the seat rails extended to give me another three inches of back travel. I'm having that done at New England Wheels of Billerica, MA. The cost will be about $300.00 and a couple hours wait for me.

Second order of business is to put Michellin Hydroedges, with the SmartTire pressure monitors installed. The built in Toyota tire pressure monitors don't give me all the information that I am used to seeing on my current car. My father was a tire man at a long haul trucking company and he always insisted in having the best rubber on his cars. I will report on the success of that operation and my level of satisfaction with the SmartTire monitors after a few weeks with them. (I am also putting one in the spare. That seems to be the one tire no one ever checks for tire pressure.) I am also awaiting receipt of the BT stiffener.

As for my purchasing experience, I can recommend Mr. Ken Hsu of Acton Toyota, MA for any of you considering purchasing in the Boston Area. He talks like a salesman, but he always returned my calls or e-mails promptly, never tried to push me into things I didn't want (that would have been fairly hard since I had a definite idea of what I wanted when I walked in), he always gave me straight accurate information, and if he didn't know the answer, he went and found it. I can't think of anything else I need in a car salesman.

As a side light, I had decided to buy the extended warrantee protection some time ago and was going to buy it through PriusChat. When the business manager tried to sell me the package for $1300.00, I told him what I could get it for on the web, and he immediately dropped the price to match. I don't mind them making a profit, they are in business, but I consider $100.00 above their stated cost plenty for 5 minutes work on his part.

My next undertaking is going to be to upgrade the sound system with a subwoofer and eventually replace all the factory speakers with better quality drivers. I'm a bit picky about my music.

Again, thanks all for you patience with me, I will try to repay it with the next newbie to sign on.

Dave Hawkins

2. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats! Let us know about the speaker upgrade.

3. bruceb

bruceb New Member

Congrats! You'll have fun! When I picked mine (Barcelona Red, #4) up a few weeks ago, I immediately had to drive on the interstate (no other choice) and it was a little nerve wracking until I got used to the steering and controls.... Remember to take your favorite CD with you for the cruise home... ;)

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations! Remember you can turn the screen off if you're feeling distracted. The voice command is Screen Off and you can also cancel it through the screen display button. Hit the Info or Map button to turn it back on.

If you are serious about car sound, you may want to add sound deadening material to the doors, where a lot of road sound enters the cabin and raises the audio floor.