1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It's here, it's here!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Renocat, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    :D :D :D
    I picked it up this morning. Had a 9:30 appt to sign papers and pick up my car. I left the dealer at 11:30...whew..2 hours

Everything seems perfect. It had 3 miles on it when I drove off the lot. I have never owned a vehicle with only 3 miles on it :blink: Salesman did a walk around with me and then spent probably 30-45 minutes sitting with me in the car going over different settings, controls, etc. It was all kind of a blur, actually. One slight problem was a very small scratch near the fuel door. It is really tiny, maybe 1/4 inch. I thought it was wax at first. The dealer is going to come out to my house and pick it up on Tuesday to take care of it. I am pretty sure they can buff it out without a problem.

I drove off and I was afraid I was going to hurt it! :( I was being very ginger with the gas pedal. I made a quick visit to a friend and then took a 30 mile trip home. After I relaxed a bit it felt more natural driving it. I still am a little afraid about pulling out in traffic, how fast will I get up to speed, is it ok to step on the gas to get moving...little things like that.

The MFD is facinating. I may have to turn it off so I can pay attention to the road LOL. I played with the navigation a bit too. It (she?) was giving good turn by turn directions until we hit some road construction detours :lol:

Now I am going to look through the manuals a bit and then put my "stuff" back in my car and make it really mine.

2. unruhly

unruhly New Member

Congratulations. You have a well thought out plan to get yourself ahead of the game by reading the books.
    Don't worry about fuel economy or anything else until you get comfortable with driving the car (about 2 to 3 weeks at least). Most of all... Have Fun!

3. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Awesome! Congratulations! I picked mine up on 7/5. The better I get to know it, the more fun it is.

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations! Have fun driving it around and getting familiar with all the nifty gadgets. :)

5. actorguy1

actorguy1 New Member

Congrats fellow new, proud owner, just got our silver metallic #4 last Friday. Such a fun ride, now all I want to do is protect it. Already been washed, cleaned out the garage to park it in, and I ordered some paint sealant to keep it looking good. ENJOY...I know I certaninly am.