1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

It's here. Or is it?

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by daniel, Dec 17, 2010.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This email came this morning. I assume everyone who has signed up to buy a leaf got this. But I'd like to know -- from those of you who've been following it more closely than I have -- whether "it" means one car for each roll-out state, or whether there's really a bunch of them arriving now.

Based on what we've heard previously, and my own order date, I expect mine to arrive some time in February, and I have not yet decided whether I'll buy it or not. I'm hoping that by the time it comes I'll have had some time driving my electric Porsche, and that will help me decide whether to buy the Leaf or not.

Attached Files:

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Hi Daniel,
    Yes, everyone on the "short list" is getting these, as well as other "junk mail". I'm guessing the PR department is hoping this stuff will placate anxious wait list people. IMO, it does nothing but bug me. December Leaf recipient folks are/were few/far between. Some January peope are getting bumped back a few days. Some December and January wait list folk's status are getting bumped back to "order pending" status ... meaning their delivery dates have even LESS certainty. Trying to make sense of it ... the only rational guess is that Nissan is giving priority to fleet sales. In Japan, for instance, upwards of 60% of their Leafs go to fleets. It might be easier to drive a leaf by signing up with your local utility company, if this keeps up. The other guess is that due to the declining U.S. dollar abroad, Nissan has no incentive to sell the Leaf here ... where VERY low prices mean an even larger loss to Nissan. Why sell for $30K to the U.S. (and our worthless/overprinted paper money) when the Leaf goes for over $40K (yen converted) in Japan.
    :(