1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Its Summer again in North Carolina!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rangerdavid, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I have a CLE (continuing legal education) class in Raleigh tomorrow morning so I left the mountains this afternoon in mid to high 30's temperatures and drove the Prius down to Raleigh. Through Winston-Salem, Greensboro, past Durham, to the Hilton at the RDU airport. So for close to 250 miles, I'm averaging 51.9 MPG!!!! HOT DAMN, Its like Summer again!!!!

This winter in the High Country (which is what they call the Boone area of N.C. where all the ski slopes are) we've had some rather cold temps, although not as much snowfall as usual. With the front grill blocked (I still haven't gotten the EBH installed yet) we've been averaging 43 MPG. Its just GREAT to get up over 50 again!!! I LOVE MY PRIUS!!! :lol: :lol: I did not take off the grill block all the way here, and temps were in the 70's in Greensboro and Raleigh.

Anyway, I just had to report in with my joy on the MPG again!! what a welcome and wonderful respite in the middle of a long cold winter..........

Peace and joy to all you Prius drivers B)
    :D Summer is on the way!!!

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    this weather is great... but don't you dare utter the word "summer" because the thought of another southern summer is not something i can cope with right now... [​IMG]

3. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    :p yeah, but summer in Boone means highs in the high 60's low 70's ............. :rolleyes:

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    that sounds more normal to me :lol: the a/c is a killer on my mpg in summer anyway...

we need to get out to the mountains more often.

5. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I was already jealous that you get to live in Boone, now you have 70 degree weather? Why don't you just drive up here and kick my dog while you are at it?
    I grew up in Bristol and used to make that trip to Boone a few times a year for whatever reason (usually Beech Mtn). That drive through Damascus and Mountain City gets me all homesick just thinking about it. If I could get my wife out of New England I would be right there stomping around the mtns and getting 50mpg with you.

6. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bohous @ Feb 26 2007, 11:08 PM) [snapback]397057[/snapback]</div>

I grew up in Kingsport. Miss being able to sneak out of work for those quick trips over to Ski Beech or Hawk's Nest, assuming I still had knee cartilage willing to try it. Yeah, it is nice here now, I actually washed the car Saturday. A bit chilly, but it was needing it pretty bad.

7. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

East coast winters, burrr. East coast summers, pant and drip. I was delighted to escape and move to where the climate suits my clothes and the water tastes like wine.

8. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Feb 27 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]397242[/snapback]</div>
    Isn't the water out there actually wine? That's the word on the east coast, anyway. :lol: