1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iTunesU

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TonyPSchaefer, Nov 17, 2007.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have a new iPod. I really enjoy it.
    I've mentioned here that I listen to audio books while I commuting. With the iPod, I can listen to podcasts during my commute also. Just the other day, I noticed a link on the iTunes Store named "iTunesU" which apparently provides lectures and the like. For a nerd like me, that's just about perfect.

Here's my problem:
    I've downloaded a slew of things but can't for the life of me figure out what happened to them.

With podcasts, I download them and they automatically sync. When I downloaded the iTunesU content, nothing happened. They showed that they were downloading, but when I went to sync, nothing happened. When I tried to find the files, I couldn't. It was as if I had downloaded these files and they disappeared.

So as the title of this thread says, "what am I doing wrong?"

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've never downloaded anything from iTunesU, so this is a guess on my part, but try going into the Purchased playlist. If that doesn't work, assuming they're not in podcasts, try going into Music, and under View > View Options click "Date Added" and sort by that.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    StevO, you're a genius.
    I base this assumption on the fact that you're smarter than I. And since I'm a genius, you must be also.

The sort by "date added" worked perfectly.

Now for a follow-up question:
    I noticed that when I right click on a file while it's downloading, I can designate which playlist it gets added to. Unfortunately, there are only two options. Is it possible for me to add another playlist to that context menu? That is, I have created a playlist called iTunesU. Can I designate that the downloads go there for easy syncing?

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hey! That's cool. I didn't know about this. Thanks Tony.

An odd thing: I downloaded a lecture and it went into my "Downloads" folder. What's odd is that it does not follow the usual conventions for playing and stopping. No big deal. Just odd. I'll listen to it after I finish my current teaching Company lecture series.