1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I've decided on a Prius! :)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by AJP, Nov 27, 2011.

1. AJP

AJP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Happy day! I have finally decided that a Prius is the right car for me. And I am excited! Can't lie and say that I'm not scared of the technology, but I think they're fun, spiffy cars and I can't wait to own one. This will be my first true car. Been driving our '94 Accord around for a while but that's getting passed along to another family member. :)

Now comes the search for a used Prius at an affordable price. I'm not choosy about the year - anytime from 2006 or newer is fine but finding one with low mileage in my budget is going to be the challenge. But I'm determined that I will find one. I'm scouring Craigslist and other used Auto sites daily. Dealers -- particularly Toyota dealers -- seem to be asking more than other dealerships or private sellers. My dream would be Spectra Blue but since there aren't many secondhand, I'll probably end up with either Silver or White (both nice, classic colors).

Thank you for answering some of my previous questions. I'll be sure to brag when I get it! :)

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That is good news... hope your search is fruitful, I am sure others here will keep an eye out. Where about do you live?

3. mmcdonal

mmcdonal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Cool. CarMax has 22 in stock nationwide from 2005 to 2011 and $14.6 to $27K. They ship if there is a CarMax near you. I usually get my cars from them, but am not affiliated with them at all.

Let us know how the search is going. Good luck, and post some pics when you finally land one.

I meant to say 22 in blue. They have more than 200 in stock.

4. AJP

AJP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm in central PA. I'm looking for a used Prius (any year from 2006 on) in the $14-15,000 range (or less, obviously). My real price is $15,000-$16,000 so I'm leaving room for taxes, fees, travel costs, etc.

I'm willing to travel to surrounding states within about a 4 hour radius and want to stay away from big cities. Want to go with Spectra Blue, White, or Silver. Possibly Pine Mica but that would be my fourth choice.

I would love one with 40k miles or less, and that's where things get a bit tight. But I'm sort of open-minded at this point. If anyone knows of anything that fits close to these parameters, especially in PA, please let me know. :)

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i have an 04 w/ 90,000 for $8,500. available.

6. AJP

AJP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Bisco - thanks for the info. I'm looking for an '06 - '11 with not so many miles on it. ;)

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    smart, just thought i'd throw it out there. :)