1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I've done it !

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by puckdrop, Dec 14, 2011.

1. puckdrop

puckdrop Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I went to see a T-Spirit ( top uk spec ) 2007 model yesterday. It's loaded with the kit, and also has leather seats :)

Took it for a drive, and it felt much nicer than the one I saw at the weekend. The car was cold on start, and within a short time, it was turning the ICE off at stops, and then after a while, it would run on the motors without the engine on.

The parking assist is probably next to useless - it complained about the car being on a slope ( not really noticable ) and so wouldn't auto-reverse, but I really want it for the bluetooth and cruise anyway :)

A few issues - it's a reposession, so I knocked him down.. it has a full service history, and flew through the MOT test with an advisory about the front disks corroding slightly ( 90,000 miles )

All being well, my old car gets dropped off at the auction tomorrow night, where I expect to come out with ZERO after charges, and I pick the prius up on Friday morning :)

2. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PC! Enjoy your new Ride!

3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Does the UK government have something against HID headlights, in addition to the prius I know UK Honda cr-z's don't have HID headlights avail like the rest of the world, why is that?

It must also blows rooney's mind that when he scores the goal of the week van persy scores the goal of the year.

4. puckdrop

puckdrop Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are loads of cars with HID lights. Ironically, probably the first major users were the police quite some years back.. you could usually always guarantee that if you saw some in your mirror, it was a police car lol. Now they're very common in higher spec cars, like BMW's, AUDI, MERC etc, but you can also get them on "regular" family cars too.

5. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome aboard from a fellow Brit. I too have a Tspirit with all the toys, the blue tooth phone with voice dial works great as does the satnav when you get the hang of it. The park assist does work but takes to long to set up and you must let the car move very slowly with the brake or it will cancel itself. You will soon get the hang of the 17 or is it 18 buttons on the steering wheel,"very handy".

6. PhilWray

PhilWray Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II

Nice choice! I have a similer model (UK 2006 T-Spirit) just over 30,000 miles but I am in Malaysia!

Agree about the parking assist. By the time you set it up someone would have grabbed you slot!

Regards,

Phil

7. puckdrop

puckdrop Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks all.
    I collected it and brought it home today, some of the journey included a long stretch of roadworks with a 40mph limit for about 20 miles ( on and off ).

The whole journey was around 60 miles, and from door to door I averaged 62 miles per UK gallon ( 4.54 litres=1UK Gallon )

My previous car just about managed that the other night, but didn't include a loo-break, and it was a 2L diesel manual, vs a 1.5 petrol auto :) Fuel is 8p/litre cheaper too :)

Had the cruise on most of the way at 62mph.