1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ivory floor mats!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by genalex, May 19, 2005.

1. genalex

genalex Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My old Camry came with nice dirt-colored floor mats that only needed vacuuming.
    How on earth do you keep ivory floor mats clean? And if that's impossible how do you clean them after the fact?

2. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

Either you replace them with something darker and keep the ivory ones someplace safe until you sell the car, or you buy a clear mat to go over it. I got the full set from MatDepot.com . I also used Scotchgard on every non-plastic surface in the car. My husband teases that I bought mats to protect the floor mats that are protecting the carpet. Okay, fine! The interior will still be looking good 10 years from now.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I got the Toyota All Weather mats on top of my carpet mats

4. dreichla

dreichla New Member

The whole ivory interior color issue was a major source of contention between my wife and me.

We rented a Prius from Enterprise for a week before we made the decision to buy one. It just so happened to have an ivory interior and was filthy. Granted, it was a rental, but it seemed too hard to keep clean.

So for us, the only decision was to pick an exterior color which was offered with the gray interior. Unfortunately, it's rather light in color too, so we're probably going to have the same problems.

5. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Genuine Toyota mats to suit Ivory interior are OAK colour to match the dashboard areas. Part number PZQ 2047010OK. They are a dark brown colour with Prius badging, and the driver's side has 2 hooks to keep it in place and a rubber insert under the pedal area. Fit perfectly, and look great!

Better check that part number with your local dealer first...it is an Australian one, and we drive on the other side, so the insert etc would be on the wrong side for you.

Regards from OZ, Sleeka.

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I clean my ivory mats with a wet rag once or twice a month. They look pretty darn good for all the mud around here! Just wipe them down really well, scrub at some really nasty spots, and let them sit to dry.

7. genalex

genalex Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    sleeka:

'fraid the good mats are only available down under.
    Ours match the ivory carpet, are Prius badged and don't seem to have the rubber insert.

8. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

When the mats get really dirty I scrub them with detergent, hose them, and hang them to dry.

9. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Same ivory interior- I bought the Costco mats - carpet style and put on top of the Prius mats. For $20, if they get too dirty, I just get another pair.

10. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I keep a stiff nylon bristle brush in my glove box and use it a few times a week to keep the dirt off. I also got an inexpensive set of carpet floor mats from my local store, in a nice maroon to contrast with the blue of the car and the blue throw pillows. These take the brunt of the dirt. I got two sets of these floor mats and I use the drivers mats for both front seats because they have the little rubber heel guards on them, and the passenger side mats I use for the back seats. The dinky little rectangular back seat mats aren't big enough to cover much, especially under the front seats. I use them (4) to pad things I might carry there, or as kneepads when I'm checking the air in my tires. One of them I used to cover the console between the front seats. (See "HUMU's Interior" in the photo album).
    The mats clean easily in soap and water. Use your bathtub and fill it about two inches deep with a cup of laundry detergent. Put the mats in with the carpet side down so the dirt will fall out of the carpeting. It takes a while to dry then out (don't use your dryer), but they look new.
    B