J hook wiper blades

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Recian, Nov 22, 2021 at 5:05 PM.

1. Recian

Recian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone come across another model wiper arms with J hook style to replace these obnoxious style wipers on gen4? I go through them pretty regularly. My local dealer doesn't sell the inserts. I've tried many rainx, Michelin and even odd brands hoping to find one that fits but they're just slightly different than most universal ones out there

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I've had pretty good luck and continue to buy Bosch Beams. They stand up to the sun pretty good, which might be quite a bit different than your application. We have to go long stretches of hot and dry here. They are certainly available at a premium price also, but so is everything these days.

3. Recian

Recian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My drive is mostly farms so alot of bugs and gas stations have stopped filling their squeegee reservoirs so wipers and bug repelling rain x. I just wish I could swap to another arm with J hook. Gen3 is different by alot. Then I could swing by any parts store and get blades. My options are toyota or Bosch online order. Nobody else makes our blades

4. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Bosch is all I have found, other than Toyota OEM which I am getting ready to replace here any day. I have also discovered that there is something in that bug juice that abrades the nice smooth edge of the blade causing premature streaking and noise. I can usually avoid using wipers to remove the bugs, but sometimes I get caught in a storm. If that happens I can usually avert damage by scrubbing the blade with Simple Green as soon as possible.

5. Colorado Boo

Colorado Boo Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    I've tried other brands and they all fall off when I tried to use them in heavy rains.....so glad I stopped them before the stupid thing scratched the glass!! So I did save the OEM's and put them back on and now I just get the refills from my dealer...who always has them in stock. (Parts: 85214-47110 and 85214-78010)

6. jteran5

jteran5 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    If someone knows of a compatible replacement for the arms themselves, I would love to run some standard j hook PIAA wipers.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.