1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Jan. 3, 2006 Drop-In Thread

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack 06, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    This is an experiment, continuing the idea behind the threads of 12/29 and 12/31, which together totalled 138 posts, not counting my original ones. I hope those threads will now just drop out of sight.

I'm not going to try to guide "topics", but will occasionally post whatever crosses my mind, as I would hope others might.

For starters, we're getting very soggy in the Sacramento Valley. I have no idea if our rains are getting any media play (I stay tuned to The Weather Channel), but it looks as if we've dodged a bullet. Every time we've been on the brink of possible severe flooding, we've gotten a break in the rain. The ground is saturated, but most drainage systems are working as planned. After a little light rain Tues. it's supposed to dry out for several days. This looks to be the third straight winter with above-average rainfall, which should again fill up our reservoirs---but that depends even more on the Sierra snowpack the next couple of months.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anybody watch that GA/WVU game last night? What a great game. I would have prefered a different outcome, but for pure football entertainment value it was a truely exciting game. The fake punt at the end of the game was a display of coaching brilliance, IMO.

3. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

When are you getting your car Jack 06?

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    making my last round of posts before hitting the road today :)

DH is getting one last nap in, then we're packing our clothes and getting out of here.

17 hours in the prius. glad we're capable of some of our funniest conversations on the road. putting the two of us together in a small space typically results in lots of laughs. :D

5. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

I'm taking my '05 on its first long road trip to Mad city (madison, wi) today hopefully.

^_^

Just waiting on my friend to get a hold of me.

6. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

when are you coming back?

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i should be back 1/15, DH will be back 1/20 from his class. see ya later, guys :)

8. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Don't know yet if anyone put up a thread about the crash, so I'll post here---a handy (if unanticipated) place for it.

I cruised Prius Online a couple of times, and Evan just posted there that we're back in business.

Lots of catching up to do. Watching USC-Texas while doing it. Decent game.

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    This reminds me: I haven't been in the Shoutbox in a long time.

10. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Oops you're here, too! :)

That's why I'm experimenting with these "drop-in" threads---I gave up on the Shoutbox. It needs to have its last, oh, 5 or so posts readily showing, probably pinned in FHOP, to attract people to participate. It is handy for use as a "conference room", though.

11. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

That was indeed the second-best game ::USC SCOOOORRRRRRES again! 24-23!::
    to the one we're watching right now. This is all it was supposed to be.

12. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

3-D maggie! :)

I may find out tomorrow, when my dealer checks his next allocation (twice a month). I'm disappointed it didn't come in the first shipment---dealer's got a couple of UNSPOKEN-FOR '06s just sitting there---with $500 Costco discounts, yet.
    But they're high-enders.

13. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dare I ask? Is this anything like rear-enders?

PS If you get a Prius, does this mean we have to talk about cars?

14. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

15. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Man, there must've been a lot of PCers waiting by their computers---it got up to 132 folks in a hurry (and maybe more, but that's what I noticed).

16. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I want my car I want my car I want my car...

The Stars kicked the Ducks arses tonight in a shootout...

Hubby is in Hawaii right now but not for a good reason: MIL had a heart attack yesterday and heart surgery today but all went well and I do think she'll be ok...(fingers crossed)

Wedding Crashers is a hilariously fun movie!!

Did I mention that I want my car already?? It will be here ANY DAY NOW...this is the hardest part of waiting for me: knowing that it can and may be here at any moment in the next week or so, but not knowing precisely when. I was fine waiting from Sept-Dec, because I KNEW it wouldn't be here until at LEAST January b/c I wanted to get the tax credit and all. Well, now it's January and I want my car...

17. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Kinda like people buying their first new house, huh? Chosen, financing arranged, plans for what to do with it, part of "the dream"---but don't know when closing is. Do such people bug their realtor?

The loss of Ariel Sharon, even though I haven't liked him much before this past year, will probably set back the "peace process" at least a year, unless Shimon Peres gets another shot at PM. Sad.

Saw Batman Begins (rental) finally. Surprisingly well done, and for a change the story carried it. Wanna see Syriana.

Found out today my '06 did not make it into my dealer's first allocation (7 cars), but will be on the boat 1/17 and in my arms within 20 days thereafter. Crapola.

18. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We had a 25-or-so-day escrow. Signed purchase contract on Dec 13, 2004, closed on January 7, 2005. :D My dad was the realtor who represented us. I didn't bug him, but I sure was excited about it. We must have visited the condo a few times before closing, just to look at it. LOL...

I really don't want to bug my car salesguy...he said he'd call as soon as he knew what cars were in their next allocation (anytime between now and end of next week) but was pretty sure it would be there. Ack!!!

So Capital 1 will extend my blank check you think? Just in case my car isn't in the upcoming allocation. My current one has an expiration date of 1/19/2005; do I call them up and ask for an extension and get the same rate, etc??? Never done this before...

19. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

I PMed you.