1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

January 28 - Next Madison Hybrid Group Meeting

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by ericbecky, Nov 4, 2005.

1. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Madison, WI

The next MHG meeting will be
    Saturday January 28, 2006
    10:00am - 11:30am

Zimbrick Buick - Community Room
    1601 W Beltline Hwy*
    Madison, WI, 53713
    Map Link - http://tinyurl.com/ddqrz

You can discuss the meeting on this PriusChat thread, or on our group’s new web site at http://MadisonHybridGroup.com

Agenda
    10:00 (10 min) Gather and informal discussion
    10:10 (5 min) Opening comments
    10:15 (30 min) 2006 Civic Hybrid presentation by Keith Toman of Zimbrick Honda
    10:45 (15 min) Proposed Wisconsin Hybrid Car Tax Break
    11:00 (20 min) Cold weather effects on hybrids
    11:20 (10 min) Future topics/ meetings. Milwaukee 2006?
    As usual, the meeting itself is pretty informal and each section may take more or less time.

If you have specific Honda questions you want answered, please send them to me ahead of time.

I should also mention that MHG member Ty, has offered to help any Prius owners who want to turn off their Prius’ reverse “beeping†or seatbelt “beepingâ€.

I will send a reminder email as we get closer to the meeting date so we can obtain an accurate head count. This will be important for Zimbrick to set up the room.

Feel free to invite guests to the event, especially if they are hybrid owners.

We look forward to seeing you there!

2. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just a reminder about the MHG meeting next Saturday.
    If you are coming, be sure to drop me a note so that I can make sure the room is set up appropriately.

We will have a 2006 Civic Hybrid and a 2005 Prius in the conference room for everyone to check out. (Unless someone has a 2006 Prius they want to show off instead?)

See you there.

Oh, and we also changed one of the agenda items.

Near the end of the meeting we will be discussing Midwest Hybridfest that is being hosted in Madison this summer. This is the Midwest's first car show and conference dedicated to the hybrid car. More details are coming in a separate post, but in the meantime save the date: Saturday, July 22, 2006.

3. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, the latest MHG meeting was great! We had over 25 people there and a wide variety of hybrids.
    Accord, Civic I and Civic II, Insight, Prius, Highlander and RX 400h.

We were able to get a 2006 Prius in the showroom to compare to the Civic. (Thanks Joanne!)

We spent time discussing all the topics on the agenda and extra time on the upcoming Midwest Hybridfest.

Thanks to everyone who came out, and congrats to Jan who won the $35 gift card door prize. Enjoy!