1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Jap sat nav

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Tommy.s, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Tommy.s

Tommy.s New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    HI folks, I'm new to the forum and just today got my 2013 Pruis cx. It's a jap import so the sat nav / stereo is, well, japenese. I usually use Google maps to navigate so wouldn't actually use the sat nav in the car but I made the mistake today of touching the screen, it immediately started to navigate, loudly. Now there's two things bothering me, I can't figure out how to stop it, despite using Google translate it doesnt seem to have a stop or an exit word on the screen. The other thing is that despite me being in Ireland, it seems to think I'm in Japan and is trying to guide me home or somewhere. Obviously japenese maps are loaded on it but yet it's recognising turns coming up and is telling me to turn. Very confusing. Despite that I'm loving the car but would appreciate if anyone has discovered an off button on the sat nav. BTW, even if I use the radio it still returns to sat nav when a turns coming.
    Sorry for the long winded first post.

2. Tommy.s

Tommy.s New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Problem sorted