1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Japanese Accessory Importer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tyrael, Jul 20, 2006.

1. tyrael

tyrael Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is there someone out there that speaks Japanese readily easily, I can only barely read it, but who is willing to establish a link to them?! We have to start getting big group buys on these items! Folding mirrors, Blinking mirrors, extra other attachments...come on here?

I knew a shop that could import a lot of things for Merecedes through Germany, so I'm sure that it shouldn't be that difficult to setup. I didn't do that great of a search either, but I'm willing to help out in any way possible. Let's get this going?!

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The problem is that there isn't that huge of a market for many of those more expensive accessories.

Sigmaautomotive is a great resouce. Yes, you could probably import the stuff yourself more cheaply, but Sigma provides a very easy means of ordering the products you need/want and often provides helpful resources to help you install for those who can't read the JDM Japanese-only instructions.

3. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 20 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]289348[/snapback]</div>
    Don't forget Sigma is also helpful in finding your requests. I'm sure they can get the items you want. Just send them an email.

4. tyrael

tyrael Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Jul 20 2006, 11:07 AM) [snapback]289362[/snapback]</div>
    I definitely didn't have them in mind. I will hit them up, but if there are people that want some accessories, I guess just post up or something and let's get more group buys together. =)

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't get me wrong, if some new very cool very high demand JDM item came available and you had a resource that could get the product in a group buy situation significantly cheaper than Sigma could I'd be all for it, but most of these items just are not that high demand and the effort isn't worth it when there is already and excellent resources.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sigma can help you out. I got the Interior Footwell Lighting kit from them.

7. tyrael

tyrael Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 20 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]289433[/snapback]</div>
    Whoa, that's one of the things that I like! Anyone else? I haven't looked yet and will soon, but did you post your experience up already with pictures yet?

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A