1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Japanese Prius PHV videos on YouTube

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Tracksyde, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I dont read or understand Japanese. But I found a handful of new (within the last 2 days) videos posted by "ToyotaJPChannel" that go over a variety of things on the Prius Plug-In. I translated the titles using Google Translate:

Video Quick Prius PHV ① When charging is

Video Fast Charge timer Prius PHV

Fast Video ⑥ unlock the door Prius PHV
    (also goes over starting and stopping the car)

When the battery of the electronic key has expired ⑦ Quick Video Prius PHV

⑧ Quick Troubleshooting Video Prius PHV (which must be of sound during use)

Fast approaching vehicle reporting system Prius PHV ⑨ videos
    (the infamous noise-maker)

A day with PRIUS PHV_01 identified in smartphones

A day with PRIUS PHV_02 short range electric vehicle

A day with PRIUS PHV_03 far in hybrid

Charging while you sleep A day with PRIUS PHV_04

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nUVyOkN-tE"]A day with PRIUS PHV_04[/ame]

7 people like this.
  2. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought the short video clip they showed of the charge cable being disconnected (from the point of view as if you were inside the car's charge receptacle) was rather humorous.

3. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I wonder what color the car they show is. I almost looks like what I hope my Clearwater Blue Metalica will look like. But, then again, I think they have different colors options in Japan (and it really does not look like the pictures JOHN1701A showed of the 2012 Toyota Camry in that color).

4. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    It doesn't look like they have any MFD that is similar to what the USA gets. A step-down from our 'Base' model! :)

5. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I too always thought the "light blue" PiP I saw in marketing materials was the Clearwater Blue. But someone here said the Seaglass Pearl also looks blueish in the right light?

Here are the colors offered in Japan. The "light blue" (very bottom color) translates to "True Blue Mica Metallic". The 3rd one from the bottom (light green) translates to "Mica Green Frosty".

Attached Files:

6. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    One thing I noticed in the "A day with Prius PHV 01" video, the gentleman gets in the car and hits the Start button. They show an image of the MFD with the animated welcome screen and then the camera pans right over the odometer part and it shows 21.3km of EV driving available (13.24 miles). Its at about the 1:16 mark.

7. usdmattiphone

usdmattiphone Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The car in the videos looks REALLY close to what the Clearwater blue looks like in person (based on the one i test drove at a green drive event in september). The pictures floating around on PC seem to depict it a lot lighter than it was in person. I think direct light makes it appear a bit lighter than it does when you're standing next to it.

8. fberger

fberger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It is very difficult to capture this Clearwater blue. I too thought I liked what I saw online and in the videos. Until I saw the Camry hybrid in Clearwater in real life at the auto show. It is a very different color, much more blue than silver. I did not like it at all. I ended up ordering a Sea Glass pearl instead.
    My advice if you have not seen the blue in person is to find a Camry at a local dealership to make sure you still like it.

9. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Even if I don't like the Clearwater Blue as much as I thought I might, it is too late for me now: My PiP is being made (supposedly) this week and I am not about to cancel since I can't imagine liking any of the other colors better.

EDIT: Although I think that I could be happy with light green colored PiP, too.

10. usdmattiphone

usdmattiphone Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It's odd though i swear that the clearwater blue on the prius looks darker than on the camry. Perhaps it was the weather conditions each day.

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The same colours look different on different vehicles. I thought Barcelona Red and Blue Ribbon look better on a Prius than on the Camry. I think Nautical Blue looks fantastic on a RAV4, not too bad on the Corolla and ok on the 2012 Prius.

They also have the regular 15" alloy rims w/ wheel covers instead of the full alloy that we get. Different market. That could be a base model that they're showing (no LED low beams either).