1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Jax and Back...noticed a few things...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Penny's Dad, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Penny's Dad

Penny's Dad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just drove Orl to Jax and back...about 250 mi...I4-95 mostly and noticed a few things along the way...

First I got 46.5 mi doing nothing special and going about 75mph on cruise...Ever notice how it is really easy to get pretty close to the highway MPG of 48 but really tough to get 51 in the city? I have still never managed it.

Second I did almost sideswipe a truck early in the trip...Need to adjust that passenger side mirror out a bit more...oh well at least we did not hit...spent the rest of trip really looking over my shoulder before moving left / right.

Third...I found the shiny black trim on the B pillar next to my shoulder really distracting...I kept seeing the road strip reflection in it and reading it in my peripheral vision as a moving object next to me...May have to matt this out somehow.

Otherwise loved the trip...not back pains or leg pains...quiet and quite enjoyable...plenty of power at all times.

2. Penny's Dad

Penny's Dad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    One more thing...I really need to tint these windows...108 in the Jax parking lot where I was doing business and when I got back to the car...boy lets just say I am glad I brought a cold drink out with me...Once I cooled the car off the AC had no trouble handeling the load but wow the thermoclime in the interior was scarry! Anyone put a meat thermometer in the car to see what it gets like inside?