1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

jazz question

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by barbaram, Jun 25, 2006.

1. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Heard some tunes on the radio Stan Kenton band with June Christie singing... what a great voice!

Unfortunately, no luck locating any recordings with her and the band- do any of your prius wizards know of any?

thanks!

2. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ Jun 25 2006, 07:35 PM) [snapback]276653[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Barbara,

I am a jazz fanatic (used to do a jazz show in the 70s on WXPN in Philadelphia.) I am familiar with the collaborations of Stan Kenton and June Christy. I have the album "Duet" (Stan Kenton on piano- magnificent!)on vinyl, and I found that it has been reissued on CD. Also, two of the albums that Christy recorded with Stan Kenton's group ("The Romantic Approach/Sophisticated Approach ") have been reissued as a double CD. Here are some links.

Michael

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000005HE...de=mp3lyrics-20
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007W22K...-7198368?n=5174

3. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    thanks michael!

amazon is a dangerous place......

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ Jun 26 2006, 10:42 PM) [snapback]277138[/snapback]</div>
    You're welcome!

The web site, or the river?

BTW, just for the heck of it I checked out iTunes- I was surprised to see the albums "Duet" and "Tampico" (another June Christy/Stan Kenton collaboration) are available for download (as well as some of June Christy's other albums.) You can either download an entire album for $9.99, or individual songs for 99 cents.