1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JBL 6 disc player not working at all - help needed!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PurpleGecko, Sep 30, 2012.

1. PurpleGecko

PurpleGecko Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all,

I've had my gen II Prius nearly a year, but have only very recently attempted to actually use the CD player. Previously I have always listened to music using the AUX in from my iPod. I have the optional 6 disc player, my model is a T-Spirit in the UK, unfortunately I don't know what that translates to elsewhere.

The 6 disc player doesn't seem to be working at all, I press the 'Load' button but nothing happens, and it is impossible to load a CD into the drive. The radio works fine, but it is as if the CD drive is switched off. None of the other front buttons seems to work, although I can use the twist knob controls to increase the volume or tune the radio.

Any thoughts?
    I'm still under warranty, but wonder if this might be me being dumb in some way!
    Kind regards

2. dhancock

dhancock 2 Prius Family

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I had a problem with the 4 disc player/Nav system in our 2011 Model Five with the player "stuck" changing CDs. The worthless dealer (Hoselton Toyota) insisted it was because the CDs had stickers and that had caused the failure. They wanted $465 to simply remove the CDs (IF they could). I was going to pull the unit myself and see what I could do. Before I did that I disconnected the power, waited 30 seconds and reconnected. Sure enough, the CDs came right out (no problem with stickers). Warranty was in effect, but the stealership preferred to blame it on me.

The bottom line for your problem: try pulling the fuse for the unit, wait a minute and plug the fuse back in. Worth a shot.

3. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have the Tspirit with 6cd player in the UK. Have you tried pressing eject as it may be it already has cd's in there if bought second hand. The mode button on the steering should toggle through the radio wave bands then to cd player also voice command audio on then disc up-disc down or track up-track down should select cd 's or tracks.