1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JBL 8 Speaker System & EV/ECO/PWR Modes

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jblspeaker, Oct 8, 2011.

1. jblspeaker

jblspeaker New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am a new 2011 PRIUS (III) Owner. -Hello to all!

I would like to know why I am not hearing the two bottom speakers in the back-passanger sides? --Is that supposed to be only the subwoffer?

Also, the dealership people told me that not to use the EV/ECO/PWR modes, --they said just drive it in "normal mode" -that the car is automatic and there is really no need to use them??? But that does not make sense to me?

Should I be driving with the ECO buttom selected all the time or????

Some one please shed some light on the situation.

Thanks,

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Unless you have the FADER all the way to the front, they should be "on". I believe they're woofers and midrange and the top speakers are full range (instead of just tweeters).

You can use any of the modes to suit your driving style and current driving situation.

I typically use ECO in the summer (to reduce A/C usage) and winter (to reduce heater usage) but it also desensitizes the accelerator to make it easier to control your speed.

I use PWR mode if I need to accelerate on a short onramp or make a quick left turn or whenever I feel like having a more responsive drive as it increases the sensitivity of the accelerator.

I use normal mode on the shoulder season (early fall/late spring) and I do enjoy the more responsive natural of normal compared to ECO.