1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JBL 9-Speaker replacement (question about components)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Prius2k6, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Prius2k6

Prius2k6 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Recently purchased a low milage (less than 19k) 2006 Prius with Nav and 9 speaker JBL and would like some advice on connecting the replacement speakers to the stock locations.

I am 95% set on using the Polk Audio DB6501 for both the front and rear speakers. The rear speakers appear (from the wiring diagrams I have found) to be configured as coaxials, in which case I will utilize the crossover supplied with the DB6501s.

The front speakers is where my question comes in; do most here just connect the tweeters to the factory harness and woofers to their respective harness leaving out the crossover supplied with the DB6501s?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

FWIW, I will be installing B-Quiet ultimate in the doors, floor, firewall (where I can get to it), ceiling, hatch and trunk, as well as undercoaring the vehicle, wheel wells, underside of hood, and the accessable engine compartment walls with QuietCoat. (I have 3 gallons remaining from a preivious vehicle project I need to put to use)

2. davidtm

davidtm Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A