1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JBL amp breakout connector / bypass / amp setup idea

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by irish350, Dec 19, 2010.

1. irish350

irish350 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys, I put an Alpine 9885 in my dads Prius a few months back, and Ive had some CDT components to put in for some time. I know theres a ton of info out there on the JBL system and Prius wiring in general, but Ive only 'heard tell' of these 24 pin connectors that have a breakout for the speaker wire, which allow the JBL amp to do whatever it may need to, while I can do my thing with the actual speakers..

Im thinking of an alpine ktp 445 amp after the HU, then into the factory wiring, and then the breakaway so that the speakers bypass the JBL amp. Essentially im looking to go from the deck> inline amp> bypass > crossovers (in the doors). If this will work Id have to connect the amp to the alpine wiring, connect the bypass under the seat, and then mount/connect the crossovers/speakers in the doors, which would mean no running speaker wire, rcas, signal, no molex for the doors, etc etc..

Ive got experience with audio stuff and car electronics, but these wireboxes are somethin else (those who've been behind the dash know.. :) ) Any input here?

2. irish350

irish350 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry for the block of text; apparently robots are anti-enter-button around here. Id normally break that into 3 sections..

EDIT: fixed

3. irish350

irish350 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    bump i spose..

i guess if i cant find anyone who makes them I could get some 24 pin connectors and do some figgerin?

Molex - Mini-Fit Jr.