1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JBL amp

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by leeskarha, Jun 18, 2005.

1. leeskarha

leeskarha New Member

I am trying to figure out if the JBL is a Tri-Mode or Tri-Way amp

I want to use the TM-100 crossover from Crutchfield.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-PpcdDLTyXJ4/c...2600#morephotos

Does anyone know the answer or at least what amp does the Toyota JBL is like in the line of JBL amps.
    -Lee

PS I love this site. I am learning so much and want to thank everyone for their help. I have been bitten by the Prius bug and can not wait till I get mine next month.

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

JBL has R&L FIXED LEVEL input from head unit. Using commands from MFD/Head unit, it regulates volume, EQ, balance and fade digitally.
    JBL has 7 outputs:
    Right and left front midrange output. Not sure if these outputs have high frequency rolloff.
    Right and left front tweeter output. These outputs DO have low frequency rolloff.
    Center speaker: mono output, with limited midrange.
    Right and left rear outputs. These outputs have no filtering, other than the general EQ.
    Filtering, EQ, balance, fade, and volume are digially processed, which is why some feel the sound feels as if it was overly compressed.

There is a thread somewhere here that has frequency response analysis scoped out.

3. wilco

wilco New Member

That thread can be found here

There is a post on the second page that speculates based on the avi's that the front mid/bass outputs have low pass filtering, with only the rear outputs being full range.

ITBland likes this.