1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JBL Audio System speakers?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bnaccs, Feb 27, 2011.

1. bnaccs

bnaccs bnaccs

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2010 Prius III with the JBL audio system. The speakers on the front doors seem to just have base coming out of them. I don't really hear any music or words. Is this the way it is suppose to be? Also what is the best to have the fader on?

2. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The JBL system uses the door speakers as sub woofers, that's why all you hear is bass coming from them.

3. bnaccs

bnaccs bnaccs

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks Paul!

What do you have your fader on? I have it on R1, or R 2.

4. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think I have mine set about the same. I have the Nav, so it shows a graphic image and the "cross hairs" are located in the center (left to right) and just behind the front seats (Front to back). That probably equates to R1 or R2...

5. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Here ya go: JBL Premium Sound for Your New Toyota

The way that it is calibrated, it is right. All sounds should come from the front of the dash...isn't that how it is at a concert? At a concert, do you hear music coming from the back of your head?

6. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Just to add...the 4 subs in the car play pretty low for open-air subs...and small ones at that! The JBL system can play AUDIBLY as low as 29 Hz and as high as 16kHz...not bad for a system that does not have a dedicated tweeter nor a big subwoofer. I do like the JBL system...but you guys know that already! :D

7. tomstodola

tomstodola Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have mine set at R2 on the fader. It was driving me nuts to have the sound coming from the windshield and nowhere else. I am an old guy, so I have tweeters at +4, Midrange -2 and bass at -4

8. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Try increasing the midrange a bit...it brings the music closer to you from the windshield. For me, i have it: treble +1, mid +1, bass +1; ASL OFF. volume around 24-27 works well.