1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JBL front speaker replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Bam36, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Bam36

Bam36 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have an '04 with JBL+NAV and cassette. Both of my front JBL woofers are blown I had the passenger side disconnected when I had my subwoofer installed in the back but now the drivers side has started to go too and it's busted sound is audible over my subwoofer. Plus when I turn my subwoofer off it's all I can hear. The dealership which I refuse to go near for anything but regular maintenance told me I was looking at $130 a woofer, needless to say I hung up on him because I must have sounded like an idiot he was feeling to take for everything. My main question is where can I find either the JBL replacement woofers at a REASONABLE price or what is a good component that could replace it and fit correctly with an easy install and under a budget of $80 maybe $90? I really need to know because when I don't feel like listening to a song with bass I need those front subs to enjoy my music.