1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

JBL/NAV No Sound or Intermittent

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Danman58, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Danman58

Danman58 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just bought (2) 2010 Prius III with Navigation a few days ago. One of them has intermittent sound. Sometimes no sound comes out from FM/SAT/NAV/Bluetooth Phone etc. Or it comes out very choppy and static. I had my sales rep bring it in for me while I was at work. I called service and they said they cannot duplicate the issue. My Sales rep said it was messed up the whole time to the dealer. They finally gave me a loaner car and ordered a new Nav unit for next week.

Has anyone ever had this problem? do you think a new unit will solve the problem?

2. Danman58

Danman58 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So the dealer swapped out my radio, and when they pulled it up to me they realized it still is not fixed. They think it may be connected an issue with the speed sensor or the amplifier. When you are in park it works, but if you accelerated it goes in and out choppy faster as you speed up. then sometimes it stops all together. I have even stumped the dealer. Crappy part is they have had the car longer than I have.

Does anyone have any idea? They said they are going to have to put in some sort of echnical request direct with Toyota.

3. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Wow...sorry to hear about it. I have no idea. But, my radio works as advertised.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Stumping the dealer isn't much of an accomplishment. Let them keep it as long as it takes to fix the problem. Random electrical problems are a bugger to find & fix so be patient. It will be more annoying for them to return it to you then you discover the problem isn't corrected & return it.