1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Jbl Speakers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Danish, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Danish

Danish New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi first post here. The speakers on my prius sound completely horrible with lots of distortion when its on full blast and when the car is in ready mode. But when I have it on full blast without the car in ready mode it sounds crystal clear. What could be the possible issue? Thanks

2. Danish

Danish New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Anyone?

3. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Wish I could answer this for you but I have no idea... after my many posts in the audio mod area and not getting any responses, I have a feeling this area gets over looked often or not enough people are willing to tackle troubleshooting the confusing system...GL!

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am going to through out a couple of ideas here....
    1- When the car is in ACC mode, no speedo display on, radio working. At this point, you are running off the 12 volt battery, probably around 12.8 to 13.0 or so. You say you can turn the radio to full, I assume you mean MAX and what you are listening to is crystal clear. OK, exactly what are you listening to, XM, FM, IPOD, AM, CD?
    Now you note when the car is in ready mode, at this point the ECU is putting out a constant 13.8 with a noise component on it. If you listen to a CD, do you hear noise when there should be silence between tracks?
    I have found when you turn something up to MAX, unless designed for such heavy duty use will fail prematurely!